Thursday 7 July 2011

RFE(Request For Evidence) for Benefeciary's Marriage Certificate

June 30, 2011- This day I received a Checklist from NVC requesting my parents Marriage Certificate ( another delay). If I have known that I have to send their Marriage Certificate I would've included it in the IV packet. Because according to the I-130 guidelines, USC who are only petitioning their mom are not required to send their parents marriage certificate, unless you are also petitioning your father which in my case is not applicable since I am only petitioning my Mother. That's why I am ecstatic of the RFE Checklist when I got it.
My case would have been completed around this time if there was no RFE. So anyways, after I got the RFE, I looked in my file cabinet to search for my parents original marriage certificate, which I thought I was still lucky that my parents sent me one when I requested months ago even though I did not have to provide one as far as their guidelines was concern. So when I found the original copy I made a photocopy right away and headed to the post office that same day. But, because of the July4th holiday weekend, the mail was not delivered until July 5th which is Tuesday (2days ago).

I called NVC this morning and listened to the AVR hoping to have entered the rfe in the system but was no luck. According to the AVR, I have to wait another 6-8 weeks for another update. But, I am hoping it won't take that long for them to enter the required document into their system. Once they are done reviewing my case it will be in the Que of interview appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment