Saturday 19 October 2013

NVC Expedite Approved

On Sept 7, 2013 , a day after my brother's F2a case was completed at NVC, I faxed a letter ( explaination and reason for expedite) including a privacy release form to our State Senator asking for assistant to expedite his interview. I did not hear from them until first week of Oct. The senator's office sent me a letter in the mail with the attached letter from NVC stating that our request for expedite has been approved by the US Embassy in Manila and NVC, and that my brother's case has left NVC building on Sept 30, 2013. We were also instructed that all future inquiries will be directed to the Embassy or the Department of State including interview schedule. I called NVC the following day to confirm about the letter, and yes the agent told me on the phone that the US Embassy in Manila is now responsible for my brother's interview scheduling.
Oct. 2, 2013- CEAC status in now  "In Transit". I called Manila on Oct 7 to follow-up but the lady told me that they have not gotten the file yet. Oct. 8, CEAC status is now  "Ready" and says it's ready for interview. Because of the time difference, I was not able to call back the following day.
Oct 15, -My brother called the US Embassy and to our surprised he was told that he can schedule for his interview right away. He was given dates to pick for interview. He picked Oct 29 @ 6:30am as his interview schedule. After 10 minutes we got an email appointment confirmation for his interview. On the phone, he was instructed to have his medical done a week before his interview. He decided to have it done on Oct 17 &18. So, I booked a round trip flight and hotel  right away.

1 Day Medical Done....next post

6 comments:

  1. I would like to know what is your reason for expediting your brothers case if you don't mind? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @pinktulipscebu, My brother will be turning 21 in Dec, that's basically the main reason why we wanted to expedite his case, and we glad it was approved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, how can I get a privacy release form from pour State Senator? Do I really need a letter from her Office for the expedite request?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary Joy, as far as I remember, I downloaded the privacy release form from our Senators' website and filled it out.

      NVC has thousands of cases they handle every day, so sometimes, a help from our politician can help expedite our case especially when there is a valid reason.

      I hope that helps.

      Delete
  4. how long did you wait after your i130 was approuved?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2YEARS AND 5 MONTHS WAITHING FOR AFTER APPROUVED
    LAST MARCH 20 , 2019 MY WIFE HAS AN INTERVIEW BUT THE AMBASSY OF PORT-AU-PRINCE WAS CANCELLED IT

    ReplyDelete