Saturday 1 October 2011

221g Documents Submitted -Manila Consulate

On Sept 22nd the US Embassy received the additional documents that was asked after my Mom's interview. It was the I-864a which is the qualified co-sponsors form which is my husband. I also sent an updated I-864 with our last 3 years of tax transcript. I also included my husbands pay stubs and employment. Hopefully the CO would be satisfied of the papers that we sent. I might call them next week to follow up. I expect more delay because of the typhoons that just hit Luzon. As far as I know the embassy were closed for 2 days because of the typhoon. A friend with the same situation told me that it could take 6 weeks before the visa will be issued because it has to be reviewed.

Update: I learned that if you and your husband filed jointly on your latest tax return and you are sponsoring someone using Affidavit of Support Form I-864. If you are combining your income on I-864, you expect to have your spouse sign form I-864a for co-sponsors.

No comments:

Post a Comment