Sunday 5 June 2011

DS-230 Immigrant Visa Application Error

As I mentioned on my May 24th's post, my Mother signed and dated Page 2 of the DS-230 Form which my brother sent 2 copies to me through JRS Express. It cost them P1,500 pesos. As soon as I got the paper I checked right away and double checked again to make sure there was no typical error. As we know, NVC is very particular so I don't want them to send back the mail in case there's an error(that happens before). Anyways, 2 weeks after as I am ready to send the Packet IV to NVC to complete the process, I found one error. At the bottom of #32 of page 2 of DS-230, asked "In what occupation do you intend to work in the United States?" my brother forgot to write down an info that the form was asking. He supposed to write "UNKNOWN or NOT KNOWN".

So now, as of this writing, I let my sister fill-out the form and told her to pay attention and double check each question before printing. Making an error again would delay the processing as it has to be my mom's signature on it. So my sister has to send the missing form again through JRS International and would be here in 2-3 business days. As long as I get it, I will mail the IV Packet right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment