Saturday 21 May 2011

1-yr Extension Expired

From the time I got my 1 year extension, I did not hear anything from USCIS. So I called USCIS customer service at 1-800-375-5283. The lady I spoke to was no help. I was told to wait for 30-45 days and that if I don't hear anything from them I would contact them again. I did not wait, instead, I made an INFOPASS and was scheduled to appear at our Local USCIS office the next week. That week I got a letter in the mail from USCIS. The letter instructed me and my husband to appear for an interview at the local office the following week. So I cancelled my infopass and went to Detroit for interview.

We were interviewed together. The officer who was assigned on my case was very nice. She only asked us simple questions related to our marriage and some personal questions like, what we do for living, etc. Then I was approved and I was given the I-551 card since my passport was expired already. So instead of have it stamp on the passport she gave me the card. That card served as my permanent resident card while waiting for the actual Green Card which is the 10 year GC in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment