Thursday 19 May 2011

Authors First Visa Journey

I first came to United States on October 28, 2005 through fiancee visa. My then fiance, now my husband filed a visa petition for me to join him in the US . But 9 months before that , my husband and I met in person at the very first time at Mactan International Airport in Cebu City, that was after months of chatting online. We spent 2 weeks together in my home town with my family, that was January 2005. He got to met my family and relatives. Two weeks was'nt enough for us. So three months later, on April 2005, he came to visit me for the second time. He spent 3 weeks in the Philippines. When he came back to the States he processed the papers right away.
We routed on Fiance Visa since it was the fastest route. He hired an agency to do our visa application which I think was a ripped off. But back then when we first met we had no idea on what to do and how to start the process. But as the time goes I find it a waste of money. I ended up doing most of the paperworks myself since it was that easy. I learned it through my research and from the immigration forums that I have joined. While he was in the US, I was busy of all the visa processed. I had my medical exam at St. Lukes Medical Center a month before my interview which lasted 2 days. September or First week of my October (I forgot already), I flew to Manila for my medical exam and my interview at the US Embassy in Manila. Obviously, I passed the interview. It was'nt hard. The Consul asked me some personal questions related to my fiance. I stayed at the nearby hotel with my friend from the time of my medical exam and interview. After my interview, I stayed at my Aunt's house in Manila and flew back to my home town days after to wait for my visa to be delivered. I waited for less than a week and picked-up my visa at FedEx.

1 comment:

  1. I skimmed this blog to its first entry, and it looks like you have been on quite a journey. I was readingf your blogs before, and you were still in the Philippines. It is wonderful you document all this!

    ReplyDelete