Friday 20 May 2011

Job Hunting and Adjustment of Status Application

I was'nt really job hunting because my K1 visa is almost expired and because of financial reason I was not able to apply for adjustment of status and employment authorization right away. But my husband's cousin who owned a warehouse for model kit cars offered me a part time job. I worked twice a week for 7-8 hrs a day assembling parts for model kits cars.

Spring of 2006 I applied for Adjustment of Status (AOS) and Employment Authorization (EAD) at the same time. I used I-765 form for Employment Application and form I-485 for Application to Adjust Status. My EAD was approved right away. By the time I got my EAD card, I started looking for job. My first job interview was in Target. I was turned down. I was'nt upset, I did not lose hope. I kept looking for jobs while working at the warehouse. July of 2006, I submitted a job application at two different places. I had an interview at the local grocery store and was hired right away and I was scheduled for training. But I also had an interview within that week at our local nursing home. I got the job so I did not come back for another day of training at the grocery store since the nursing home pays more. I was hired a day before my birthday. I started working on the floor the next day which is my birthday.

I love my job. I've been in the same company for almost 6 years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment