Sunday 22 May 2011

Naturalization Application-N-400

While I was waiting for my 10yr GC, I gathered all the requirements for Naturalization Application . My eligibility was based on at least 3 yrs of lawful permanent resident of United States, and been married to and living with the same U.S citizen for the last three years.

I mailed my application on August 17, 2009. My notice of action(NOA1) receipt date was August 19, 2009.
So I applied a week earlier before my actual 10yrGC arrived in the mail.

Here are the documents that I submitted for N-400 application:
-Form N-400(completed signed and dated)
-Application Fee plus biometric fee- Money Order
-Copy of My birth certificate
-Copy I-551 stamp card
-2 identical photographs(white background)

And since I applied based on marriage to a U.S Citizen, I included these documents on my application;
-Copy of my husband's birth certificate
-Copy of his passport
-Copy of our Marriage Certificate
- Proof of termination of previous marriage/s (husband)
-Documents referring to me and my spouse like
*joint tax returns for the last 3 yrs
*leases
*property ownership

Update :Citizenship Timeline
Date Filed : 2009-08-17
NOA Date : 2009-08-19
Bio. Appt. : 2009-09-24
Interview Date : 2009-12-10
Approved : Yes
Oath Ceremony :2010-01-20

No comments:

Post a Comment