Tuesday 24 May 2011

Petitioning My Mom (USCIS JOURNEY)

I have been researching, joining immigration forums to get some ideas on how to bring my Parents over here. After careful consideration and prayers ,I decided to petition my Mom first since it cost a lot to petition both of them at the same time.

Here are the documents that I submitted along with Form I-130- Parent of US Citizen.

*Form I-130 ( filled and signed)
*Filing Fee , now $420 (money order) Note: Pls check uscis.gov for current filing fee.
*Copy of my Birth Certificate ( shows my mothers' name)
*Copy of my US Passport
*Copy of my Naturalization Certificate
*My Mother's Birth Certificate

Oct 25, 2010- Mailed I-130 Application
Oct 28, 2010- NOA1 receipt (USCIS received my petition)
April 4, 2011 - First Touched of my case online , says "Initial review"

*****THE WAITING BEGINS*****
While waiting, I had my Mom get her NBI and Phil Passport.


Still has'nt heard from USCIS after 5 months. I called the customer service couple times. The first time was when my case was not found on their website when I tried to check the status. Called them on March 28, 5 months after the NOA receipt date. I was told to wait for weeks which I was. Still did not hear anything from them a month after which would be on my 6 months of waiting. April 28, called customer service again and spoke to an officer.

May 9, 2011, I received a correspondence from the USCIS informing me that my case is currently under extensive background check and could take to six months. So this time, I said this is enough.

May 10, '11- Contacted our Senators' Office. I faxed a letter to Senator Carl Levin's Office in Detroit informing them about my pending case. Also fax the Privacy Act authorization form letting their office to investigate on my behalf.
may 12, '11- I was informed thru the Senates office that the petition is currently in transit to an adjudications officer for review.
May 16, '11- CASE STATUS APPROVED when I checked my case status online. Finally after 6months and 16 days. The same day USCIS forwarded my paperworks to the National Visa Center for visa processing and review.
****USCIS JOURNEY CLOSED**

Now, as of this writing my case still not on NVC's system for case number to be assigned. As soon as I have the case number I can move forward and send more forms along with all the required fees.

No comments:

Post a Comment