Tuesday 24 May 2011

Dual Citizenship

Fil-Am Faded Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Year 2010 was the busiest year for me. As soon as I became naturalized I applied for dual citizenship. I mailed off my application at the Consulate General in Chicago since we are under their jurisdiction. I got a phone call a week after to schedule my oath taking which was on July 9, 2010.
It was my personal choice to apply for retention of my Philippine Citizenship . And I had couple reasons why I chose to re-acquire my Citizenship. First is to be able to stay longer when visiting my home country any time so as my husband. To own a property without limitations.

Here are the documents that I submitted when applying for dual citizenship;

*Completely filled out form Petition for Dual Citizenship and Issuance of Identification Certificate
*Photocopy of my Birth Certificate
*Photocopy of current Philippine Passport
*Photocopy of Marriage Contract
*Photocopy of my Certificate of Naturalization
*(2) 2x2 photograph with blue background
*$50.00(money order)

No comments:

Post a Comment